Contact: Contact: +94 11 75 72 575
Starting: January 2020
Management in Construction Master’s programme is suitable for anyone with a background in the built environment who wants to progress into the management of projects, whether with a contractor, client or a consultancy. It combines the study of industry techniques with advanced construction management of projects. The course will develop and enhance your professional, analytical and managerial skills as well as improving your technical and transferable skills, and enable you to successfully advance your career. This course is ideal for graduate construction managers, civil/structural engineers and surveyors starting their career in the construction industry.
You will gain extensive knowledge of the legal and contractual systems relevant to the construction industry. You will also study how design and construction work is priced and how these prices are used to control the costs for the firms involved. You will analyse the systems that control the quality and safety of construction projects and will gain a greater understanding of the relationships between the various contributing parties. This course provides a strategic overview of construction management issues as well as a deep and broad knowledge of advanced project management techniques.
Course Modules (Total 180 Credits)
- CE7012 – Legal Obligations and Conditions of Contract
- CE7011 – Management of Project Risk, Quality and Safety
- CE7016 – Dissertation
- CE7013 – Estimating, Tendering and Procurement
- CI7600 – Business in Practice
Who can apply?
- An honours degree (at least a Second Class Lower Division) or equivalent in a related discipline such as civil engineering, architecture, surveying, building or other construction related degree and/or suitable industrial experience.
- Language proficiency, minimum a Credit Pass for G.C.E O/L English.
- Offered by Kingston University London, which is recognized by UGC – Sri Lanka.
- Highly qualified and experienced lecturer panel.
- Flexible payment plans.
- Cutting edge curriculum catering to industry demand.
- Be competitive in the job market.
- Friendly and supportive learning environment.
Source: coursenet.lkClick Here For More Details